Saturday, November 17, 2007

FXP and TWM

They increased as I expected on Friday, just that not by a lot and since the market rebounded to closed higher, I sold my two positions.

Bought FXP on Wednesday at $74.24 and sold on Friday at $82.51.
Bought TWM on Wednesday at $67.98 and sold on Friday at $72.51.

Not a lot but I'm still satisfied.

Market these days can turn around very quickly, although I think there are still a bit more downside from here, but these ETFs can still whipsaw by a lot. At least as I said, I never think of holding them for long term, no way you want to bet on an index that goes to zero on a long term.

Previous strong stocks held up pretty well on Friday to the end, except BIDU and the several shipping stocks. BIDU seems like doesn't want to go too low, as I said before, I am still looking for opportunity to get back in, unless I see another Chinese search engine really haunts BIDU's leading market share in China. In this case, will NTES be that engine? well I don't know, but I'm surprise that NTES holding above 20-week EMA pretty well after unimpressive earnings report, massive sell off throughout last week and bad earnings from competitor NCTY on Friday (note that NCTY is another Chinese online gaming stock that dropped 30% on Friday). I'll keep an eye on NTES for now.

Let me screen through stocks that I'm watching on this weekend and see which may come out as the strong stocks in the next wave.

No comments: