Thursday, October 18, 2007

Google reported earnings

Market continued to be weak but holding in tight range. The major indices either challenged or dipped below the 20-day EMA, how market reacts to very strong stock like Google's earning tomorrow will be very critical. In the meantime I still hold my view that diverging action maybe seen, that is, very strong stocks stay strong and any stock which is not very strong are all consider weak and stay under pressure (unless it reports a very good earning).

All my 4 positions are disappointed and failed to recover with the market. Since I don't think my 4 holdings are consider very strong, if market does not perform well I may trim my positions, but not guarantee.

Note that a few financial stocks already made new low, that is, even lower than the dip in mid-August, definitely not a good sign.

One stock that catches my eye (again after a long time) is NTES. the graph starts to looking good. In the last few days it showed a strong breakout of all 4 moving averages with high volume. Retreating back a bit to at least close to the 20-day EMA I will consider go for it.

No comments: